is it europe?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Henna For Hair ~ Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by iris on September 8, 2004 at 21:35:17:

In reply to: Re: Question from a beginner posted by Catherine Cartwright-Jones on September 8, 2004 at 20:10:37:

there seems to be a difference between what we get in europe as henna for hair, and
what you can get in the US. I'm in holland, and honestly, the stuff I get here as hair
henna is nowhere near as bad as what I read on the forum here about store-bought
hair henna.

I can get stale henna sometimes, yes. some of them also have synthetic chemicals in
them, but that's listed on the box. I've been checking oko-test (german consumer
organization who test all kinds of products for ecological uhm, factors) and what they
find wrt chemicals is exactly what I see on the boxes - no chemicals listed, okotest
doesn't find them. chemicals listed, okotest finds them. (the germans are very serious
about their consumer tests anyway, I think).

I also don't get any twigs, or coarse henna. body-art quality henna is a bit finer than
what you get in boxes here, but it's not a huge difference. dyed sand - only in the
cheapest brands (ellattaria was wondering some time ago why she never got that in
the uk, either).

I do find that body-art quality is better than any hair henna I've ever gotten here, but
it's not *such* a huge difference for me really. the main thing is that the instructions
on the boxes suck.

I still use body-art just to be extra super-sure I don't get any chemicals, and also
because it's actually a bit cheaper for me to get body-art quality shipped here than to
get a good brand from the shelf here - go figure. but really, store-bought hennas
here are not horror movie material.

iris

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:   
E-Mail:   
Subject:   

Optional link URL:   
Link title:   
Optional image URL:   

Served by ruboard 2.1.1; Copyright © 1998 by Andrew Maltsev.