Re: Chestnut Brown Color

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Henna For Hair ~ Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by RodGir on November 21, 2004 at 16:08:07:

In reply to: Re: Chestnut Brown Color posted by Alison on November 21, 2004 at 03:17:17:

Hi Alison, thanks for your response. Hmmm... I guess I am not very clear in what I say at times. lol I am not looking to lighten my hair, which as you pointed out the "Chestnut" color I want to achieve would entail and a lightening of the hair is needed first...

I am not 100% set on this "Chestnut" color if I have to lighten my hair to achieve it.

What I should have said was that I wanted to know which plant dyes I can mix with henna so I don't get that bright red or burgundy color in my hair (even though my hair is pretty dark). I have seen some of the pics of other womens henna mixes on this site who have med. brown to black hair and I just don't want that bright red/burgundy tone in my hair.

I am looking for a more warm/earthy brown tone which just a touch of red. Just something to give alittle omph to my natural hair color.

If anyone can give me their henna mix recipe with the powder measurements to achieve this warm earthy brown tone with a hint of red I would really appreciate it.

Just in case let me state that my hair is soft black/dark brown in color, curly/wavy, very fine in texture (not alot of it) and is 3 inches past my waist.

Thanks again Alison and take care everyone :)

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:   
E-Mail:   
Subject:   

Optional link URL:   
Link title:   
Optional image URL:   

Served by ruboard 2.1.1; Copyright © 1998 by Andrew Maltsev.