Re: never henna'd

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Henna For Hair ~ Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fia on April 20, 2004 at 06:29:28:

In reply to: never henna'd posted by joanne on April 20, 2004 at 01:32:37:

Hi Joanne.

When I started with henna I did that over old commercial color and had no problems. My
guesstimate is that the color was around three/four months old at that time. As Diane
pointed out - do a strand test on harvested hair to see what happens. If there is a problem
you can use level 1 dye (temporary dye) to mask the re-growth in the meantime (it's a bit
of a mess and needs frequent re-doing, but won't react badly with henna). Madeleine -
one of my online longhair friends, who's site is linked below, mixes level 1 color and
henna on a regular basis without problems.

As for roots touch-ups - that's a non-existant problem with henna. You just do it all over
your head each time. Henna won't weaken your hair like regular hair color (which is the
reason why you only touch up the roots - hair would disintegrate over time if you pulled
regular haircolor through to the ends each time). By doing your entire head with henna
each time it will only deepen the color (which you want if you have many grays) and
strengthen your hair.

As you have quite a lot of gray hair - make sure you use good quality henna as you risk
ending up quite orange otherwise.

For application - Madeleine has a detailed instruction on her site on the how-to (this is
pretty much how I do it too, only that I apply to dry hair and not freshly washed). Click
"Articles" and "Detailed henna routine" for the works.

/Fia

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:   
E-Mail:   
Subject:   

Optional link URL:   
Link title:   
Optional image URL:   

Served by ruboard 2.1.1; Copyright © 1998 by Andrew Maltsev.